***It says "North America" but sometimes there isn't any other way to indicate their payroll needs. -- I would not assume that it means CONUS. --Zandra***
Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, or Seattle. Remote in North America only
- Creating and driving DEI-related and antiracism education within Stripe for various subgroups: leadership, HRBPs, People Team leadership, and all Stripes.
- Building and running scalable development programs including mentorship, sponsorship and rotational programs
- Partnering with our education and enablement partners in various functions to help them build equitable and inclusive programs
- Observing and measuring the efficacy of our programs and leveraging analytical rigor to guide decisions
- Collaborating, consulting or partnering with teams within the greater People Team to ensure we have and build equitable systems and design inclusive programming
The ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in learning design and project/program management, especially in initiatives that impact large groups and require cross-functional partnership
- Deep understanding of how to teach the concept of equity and how it applies to organizational structures
- Deep skill in facilitating, using practices/techniques that maximize psychological safety, trust, and growth in groups. Trauma-informed and skilled in mediating and facilitating difficult conversations
- Experience rolling out educational opportunities that led to behavior change, especially around challenging topics like racism, classism, sexism, and harassment
- Experience educating a diverse range of stakeholders on equity-related topics and organizational approaches, including those who are just starting their learning journey
- Experience working on justice-related, cross-functional organizing initiatives with demonstrated evidence of impact and progress in professional or public settings
- Resiliency, empathy, and determination in advocating for underrepresented groups
- Experience working within or in close partnership with a People function/team in a medium-to-large organization
It would also be great if you have:
- An advanced degree or certificate in Education, Organizational Leadership, or a related field
- Academic training and research experience in relevant humanities or social sciences fields
- Academic training and/or lived experience of diversity, equity, and inclusion topics outside the United States
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. We’re looking for candidates who are particularly strong in building effective education programs for adults and have a depth of knowledge in DEI.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Other information or materials you think would best help us understand your background and achievements to date.
Stripe is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage applicants from historically underrepresented backgrounds, including first-generation college graduates, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, people with disabilities, and people who identify as part of the LGBTQ* community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
To apply for this job please visit stripe.com.